Admissions and Certification Requirements
Applicants for all Kripalu Schools programs must
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Display English-language competency
• Have received a high school diploma or GED
• Exhibit the ability to contribute to a safe and cohesive learning environment
• Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional preparedness to fully participate in all aspects of the program.
Kripalu certification programs have an intensive schedule and curriculum that is physically, mentally, and emotionally rigorous. To be admitted, you must demonstrate medical and mental health and readiness to fully participate in the demands of the program. In addition, an applicant must be able to support the group learning process and may be denied if it is determined that their participation would in any way compromise a safe and cohesive learning environment. The Kripalu School of Mindful Outdoor Leadership Admissions Committee may require your medical provider to furnish a note confirming that the training is suitable for your capabilities.
Additional Kripalu Mindful Outdoor Guide Training Requirements
• Must be capable of being out of doors in a variety of weather conditions for up to ten hours on any given day.
• Must be able to safely and skillfully navigate a variety of outdoor terrain and conditions including uneven ground, mud, ice, etc.
• Must have a regular practice of mindfulness for at least two years which could include seated or walking meditation, yoga etc.
• 100 percent attendance
• Active class participation
• Teaching competency and proficiency
• Maintain safe space for teaching and practicing as a mindful outdoor guide
• At-home assignments completed on time
• Professional behavior and ethical conduct